Friday, February 11, 2011

Blogging Lag and St. Paddy's 5K

I've been cutting back on blogging lately because of lack of time management various responsibilities that are pulling me in different directions, so something had to give.
I have been getting some runs in, indoors, which I'm kind of getting used to. The weather has been the pits, either freezing or on milder days, snowy, slippery, slushy roads, so I've been heading down to the treadmill. I'm freaking tired of winter!! And don't seem to be venturing out as much.
Today I signed up for
I'm doing the 5k and after that, maybe I'll focus on the National Capital 10K and see if I can improve on that. Not a great running year so far, but right now if I can squeeze in 3 runs a week and do this 5k, it's all good. And, I'm still taking the creepy stairs at work and I can feel it!

5 comments:

  1. Great to read your update! Squeezing in 3 runs a week is GOOD! that's all I ever do... lol. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - the weather sucks and it's hard to get out there in the freezing temps or ice & snow. 3 runs run a week is great - even if it's on the treadmill. Spring will come eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is the National Capital 10K? I am signed up for an 8k in DC in March.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear from you ... I was afraid the cold got ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I'm still around, the cold hasn't completely gotten me yet!
    AJH - The National Capital Race Weekend is in Ottawa,Ontario Canada. It's a whole weekend of racing from 2k to Marathon and a kid's marathon, also an under age 19 category for various distances - It's one of the oldest marathons in Canada and the weekend draws thousands of people from all over. It's a big event around here.

    ReplyDelete