Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Hills

So last night I ran some hills for the first time in a long while. I live in farm land,very flat farm land. On Tuesdays now, I've decided to run where I drop Sean off for Scouts at our church. There are lots of hills and lots of churches in this little area which influence the street names. We have Steeplehill and Piety Hill.  Wasn't sure how it would go, but it went very well. I ran short steep hills, and little rolling hills, different grades that I could feel. Best of all on my route back, I ran up one long sloping hill. It took me listening to Tom Petty's Running Down a Dream through twice to keep me going. It was just the right tempo and a great song. Felt great getting to the top of the hill. Six hilly kilometres done. I do really need to get one of these though:

No comments:

Post a Comment