Friday, October 15, 2010

Lunch on the Run

It's cold and rainy today, and it seems all I've been eating is cold foods, no wonder I feel a little chilled.
Breakfast was plain greek yogourt with frozen blueberries, frozen banana slices, a little pineapple, almond butter and chia seeds. That left me feeling a little chilly, wrapped in a blanket on my couch, catching up on a couple of Oprah episodes I had recorded.
I just felt like staying put there, but had to go out for a haircut. That usually gives me a lift, but it's so gloomy, windy and cold out and I'm feeling kind of tired that the haircut didn't quite cut it - pun intended.
I mosied on over to a little thai fusion place I like and got a cold lunch to go, which I ate in my car in the parking lot - not very romantic or fun but ya gotta eat! So I had an order of rice wraps when what I should have done was call up a friend to come join me for  a bowl of pho.
The wraps were good, albeit cold

After that, I did some errands and 3:00 p.m. found me noshing on these, just a handful, okay, maybe two small handfuls - not the healthiest choice, although the advertising makes you think so, but maybe a little better than junk candy. I wonder if there really is any nutritional value left in the berry extracts.
 if you like chocolate and chewy
they contain acai, blueberry, raspberry, cranberry, pomegranate, elderberry, and lemon juices all wrapped in dark chocolate - texture is like a jujube.
Think I'll make something warm and toasty for dinner.
Happy Trails,
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment