Sunday, October 24, 2010

Resolution run

I've been thinking of signing up for the resolution run again this year. Last year on New Year's Eve, I ran the 5k, my first race ever. It was so invigorating! It was challenging as the road was covered in a layer of greasy snow. You have to live in snow country to know what I mean. It isn't really greasy but it feels that way, so you work extra hard, a little like running in sand as it gives way.

I ran that race with my group from the Running Room which was nice. I have been running solo for months and I do miss running with a group sometimes. I didn't want to sign up for the race and show up alone. What fun is that?

 Today I found someone to sign up with. She's a friend of mine from church and she ran her first marathon this past summer. She runs indoors at a gym and has hooked up with two other ladies and they train together. They have all signed up for the race. I'm going to join them and we'll train together on Friday nights. For some of them it's their first time training outdoors in winter. I love winter running! So I'm stoked about having a small group to run with. It will motivate me and keep me focused on the training for the race.
I would love for our runs to look like this

but, really, it's going to look more like this
Bring it on!
Really, it's so refreshing, and I only had to wear my belaclava twice last winter!

1 comment: