Tuesday, November 9, 2010

All Signed Up!

Officially registered - for the 10K
Last year we got those bright yellow jackets.

This year it's
 Not too bad
Ran 5k tonight without a break - I learned to run by building up to running 10 mins./walking 1 min. and just kept doing that, but the 10k training I'm doing is different. I managed to do the 5k, no problem, breathing was nice and steady, I did feel it in the legs, the last 100m. But then again, I'm used to having a rest day in between runs, and this plan only has 2 rest days out of 7. I'll see how it goes. So far so good. Definitely kicking it up a notch. Tomorrow, tempo run.

2 comments:

  1. YAY for signing up. Sweet jacket.

    "kicking it up a notch" --- love it. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops that's 2 rest days out of 7- not out of 5 so for me that is kicking it up. I was surprised that I could do the runs without taking a break, because that's the only way I've run, except for a few years ago when I did run on the treadmill regularly for up to an hour non-stop. I guess this past year or running 10/1 has given me some conditioning and I was a little afraid to try pushing beyond that - so far, so good - Thanks for your support Emz

    ReplyDelete