Monday, December 13, 2010

Took another rest day

Okay, 3rd day of rest - gotta get my head back in the game, only 3 wks. until the Resolution Run- was supposed to be doing intervals today - will do them tomorrow and then resume with the rest of the training schedule for the wk. I am slow, but I notice the intervals are helping me pick it up a bit. Getting a little distracted by the Christmas preps and report writing, and working extra shifts, and dealing with teenaged boys ( had to drive son #2 down to the police station -oops!)  and an almost 12 year old who thinks he's a teenager.
When my eldest son was 5yrs. old, he asked for some money to buy something at a yard sale on our street. I gave him a couple of bucks thinking he was going to buy a toy. He came back with a set of old school wine glasses ( the green one in the photo, I put a candle in it) and nothing for himself. So sweet! I gave him a couple more bucks so he could go back and by a toy.

2 comments:

  1. I've got one of those 12 year old that thinks she's a teenager too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intervals are fabulous - I do them pretty much all the time. We've tested it and our overall pace ends up faster when we do them. I'm not sure what that's about, but it works for me! Good luck getting back into it - I can't believe I whine about the cold - your weather is much worse than ours!!

    ReplyDelete