Friday, December 31, 2010

Update on my 10K

So I ran it in 1:21:02. That's me on the far right. Was aiming for 80 minutes. It was 4C and I was dressed too warm, and should have bought new shoes about a month ago. Still, all in all, this isn't too bad a time for me, slow I know. I've actually made some improvements throughout the year and am stoked to run more races in 2011. Have been reading through the list of upcoming races and have a few in mind. We all got those orange and black jackets for signing up.
It started raining which was quite refreshing, I would have preferred a little colder weather, would have been more comfortable. That's me just after coming through the finish line. Yay!

6 comments:

  1. What a great way to bring in the new year! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first race of the year! Slow or fast, you're out there and that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 deg with rain is called "refreshing"? Oh, that's right, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats - you're a tough gal, I ran a race at 17degreeF last year and about turned into a Popsicle! Great job!

    ReplyDelete