Sunday, September 19, 2010

under the weather

Woke up at 6:30 a.m. - don't you love that when you wake up, wide awake on the day you can sleep in. Never happens on a work day. Throat felt a little dry. Put on the eye mask and readjusted the ear plugs and fell into a nice sleep for a couple of more hours. Woke up in time to make it to church but just for the first hour.
Came home, feeling a little scratchy in the throat and achy in the muscles. Went back to bed for three hours.
Woke up and put my running clothes on, grabbed the Garmin, some tunes, the dog and went out for a slow 5k. It actually felt pretty good. I think I've been running a little too fast and instead of enjoying it, I feel like it's a battle to get through it. So maybe I need to slow down a little.
Took it easy for the rest of the night, feeling a little feverish. Hope it's better by morning as I need to go to work.
I've done this before where just as I'm feeling like I'm coming down with something, I've still done my run and maybe it's the sweating it out, but it seems to help it pass. Hopefully by morning I won't feel like this

going to sleep now. bye, 'til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment